Congratulations to Rob Wolkon Named as 2018 "Super Lawyer"
Rob Wolkon has been named a Business and Corporate “Super Lawyer” for Massachusetts and New England for the eleventh year, and also appears in the Corporate Counsel listing, ranking the top 5% of Massachusetts attorneys. Super Lawyers names Massachusetts’ best lawyers as chosen by the independent research of Law & Politics magazine, based on a survey of approximately 31,000 attorneys.
Recent Cases and Legal Matters
Mergers, Acquisitions and Financing
We have recently been engaged in the following transactions on behalf of our clients:
- Sale of an international manufacturing company to a global competitor
- Representation of international software company in Series A financing round
- Stock repurchase by management of a distributorship company from private equity investors
- Sale by a global software company of a division of its business to a major software developer
- Acquisition of a real estate management and maintenance company
- Acquisition of a multi-state marketing company
- Acquisition of a major distributor of power equipment and machinery
- Acquisition of a tool & die company
- Merger of a VNA and hospice care entity with a major regional hospital
- Merger of two real estate management companies
- Sale of an educational company to a major international buyer
- Sale of a publishing company
- Sale of a multi-million dollar real estate development
- Sale of an architectural design company
- Sale of a restaurant
- We have represented a number of dentists who have acquired or sold dental practices
- We are currently working on transactions with our clients involving the acquisition or sale of companies in the manufacturing, construction, engineering, restaurant and software industries
Corporate and Employment Matters
- We represented a high-tech corporate client in securing public debt financing to purchase new equipment and other infrastructure improvements.
- We completed a private placement offering for a client to raise working capital for ongoing business operations.
- We completed a work-out on behalf of a client, resulting in releasing the company and its owners from a multi-million dollar senior financing obligation.
- We have represented several senior-level executives in negotiating employment, separation and severance agreements with their employers in the financial services, software, retail, publishing, and health care industries.
- We have assisted many clients during the past year with new start-ups and business ventures, including financing, employment and operational issues.
- We continue to draft and update employment policy manuals for our corporate clients to conform and comply with recent developments in employment laws and practices.
We are currently engaged in several business litigation matters in Massachusetts state and federal courts, employment cases at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, as well as proceedings before the Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure and Board of Bar Overseers representing licensed professionals in disciplinary proceedings. Some of the matters on we have been engaged include:
- Contract Litigation
We filed suit in Superior Court on behalf of a Massachusetts corporation in a breach of contract action against a major university and an internationally renowned trust. The case went to mediation, in which we recovered a six-figure settlement on behalf of our client.
- Professional Discipline
We have numerous matters currently pending before the Board of Bar Overseers. Last year, we represented three attorneys in separate matters responding to allegations of professional misconduct, all of which resulted in no formal charges being filed. We also represented a chiropractor in proceedings at the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors, and secured a dismissal of all charges.
- Personal Injury
During the past several years, we have handled a number of catastrophic personal injury matters resulting in six-figure settlements.
We are continuing our work with our clients updating estate plans to ensure compliance with recent changes in state and federal laws, as well as maximize advantages in the recently passed tax legislation.